Thursday, July 9, 2020

Warblers & Chickadees

Design - "My Country" (limited edition kit)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count Confederate Gray Zweigart linen
Fibers - GAST & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started -  July 2012
Completed - 11 July 2012

I always say that each Birding Year is like each Gardening Year - each is unique.

This year I've had Orange-crowned Warblers at the suet daily for most of June and on into July.

They aren't the showiest of the warblers, but they do brighten my day.

See the orange crown?

I've even seen them feeding suet to fledglings hidden deep in the brush, so no photos.

Post fledge, I'm also seeeing lots of Black-capped Chickadees.

No complaints about that either!

They are comical and adorable little birds after all.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Enjoyed yesterday's walk and today's birds! Your patriotic stitch is darling, Beth!

Barb said...

What super chickadee photos!