Monday, July 13, 2020

Leaving Home

Clear back in May of 1999 I stitched "Itty Bitty Glory" by Twisted Threads over one on 32 count linen .  I then gave it to my Mom who loves all things red, white, and blue.

A few weeks ago she took it in to be framed.
I think they did a very nice job.

Friday was Moving Day.

The adult Violet-green Swallows were still caring for the nest and removing fecal sacs...

...but at the same time they were swooping in and encouraging their nestlings to fly the coop.

This was the Last Bird to leave.

By late in the evening the nesting box was empty.
While I did not see it, the House Wrens also vacated on Friday.  
It now seems so very quiet without the feeding frenzy noises the young birds made all day long.

Here's my Acorn Woodpecker family - I think there may have been two more birds, but cannot be certain as I also saw some Sapsuckers.

A Flicker Family of three birds.

The young bird in the center of the tree, and an adult male to the right.
Family Time!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the patriotic piece! It looks super matted and framed. Will any of your bird families have a second round of nesting, Beth?

Barb said...

That was quite a beautiful patriotic design you stitched for your Mom. I am sure she loves it. I know I treasure the felted things my daughter makes for me.