Monday, July 27, 2020

Little Birds Mostly

Design - "Uncle Sam"
Chart - "Seasonal Mementos III"
Designer - Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin
Fabric - 32 count Sandstone linen
Fibers - GAST & DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 24July 2014
Completed - 27 July 2014

I changed GAST "Mulberry" to "Cranberry" as I found the original color far too orange/brown for my tastes. 

My email server did an update recently and I lost a couple of day's worth of emails.  I think someone asked about my camera - it's a Canon SX540HS.  It has a very powerful zoom lens - you can Google it if you want more information.

Generally I'm pretty pleased with the shots it allows me to take of birds - like this young Cowbird.

Having a drink.

Male American Goldfinch

Here's a young Junco.

It was attempting to eat the leaf from a sedum.

I had a large group of little Bushtits come to the suet.

They chattered and flitted and ate.

They always lift my spirits.

Nine birds in this photo.

Close-up of a female.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your Uncle Sam stitch, Beth! Your camera take fabulous pictures.

Barb said...

Your Uncle Sam is so cute!