Monday, July 10, 2023

Woodpecker Activity


Design - "Star Spangled Summer" (kit)
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Natural linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 July 2012
Completed - 4 July 2012

The design called for WDW Twilight.  I thought Twilight was too green and switched to WDW Navy

This has been a very strange summer.  For the first time in several years I've not had Hairy Woodpeckers and Flickers bringing their fledglings to the suet feeders.  I miss that as the young birds are so much fun to watch.

Anyway...

I have had a female Acorn Woodpecker come by once in a while.

I'm hoping that the two males are still around...


And maybe later yet in the summer there will be an additional young bird or two.

A female and male Flicker.

Female Flicker

And here's the male.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your patriotic stitch looks great, Beth. Twilight is such a strange color to use as a blue in my mind. It reminds me of DMC 924. I like your switch to the navy.