Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Eggs Have Hatched

The paws and the chest are stitched.  On to the back.

The Barn Swallows are parents! Sunday evening I noticed both birds were flying in and out of the garage.  So I walked over and the nest was momentarily unattended. I listened and thought I could hear the quietest of peeping from the nest.  A baby (one of more) had hatched.  According to All About Birds it takes anywhere from 15-27 days from hatching until the youngsters are ready to fledge.  

By Tuesday evening little heads popped up.

And mouths opened wide!

I think this shot should be titled "Parenting!"

I think there are three babies keeping the parent birds busy.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Yay for the arrival of baby Barn Swallows! Chester is looking good, Beth!

Barb said...

It will be fun watching them grow!