Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Mid-August Report


Design - "A Bit of August" (Flip It)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count Light Mocha Cashel
Fibers - GAST & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 23 August 2016
Completed - 25 August 2016

What's out there?

Looks like a goldfinch, but it's not.

It's some sort of Warbler - Orange-crowned?
Female Yellow Warbler?  I'll ask my experts. 

I was pleased it stayed put long enough for a photo or two.

This female House Finch has been eating blackberries - look at the stains on her beak.

I had a group of 15 Vaux Swifts flying around Monday evening.  They are very hard to photograph - people refer to them as flying cigars.


Close up of a female Bushtit.

If one is good, then two are better.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a gorgeous sky you had for the Vaux Swifts! What a pretty yellow bird you captured!

MaryO said...

What beautiful birds! I'm waiting to hear about the yellow birds. What a beauty...S/he was posing for you!

Barb said...

What a beautiful yellow bird!! I love those little bush tits.