Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday Finish

Chart - "Chester"
Designer - The Goode Huswife
Fabric - 32 count R & R Daily Grind
Fibers - NSI Silks
Started - 10 September 2015
Completed - 19 August 2020

I originally kitted this up as a stitch in memory of Tom-Cat who passed away in July 2015.  I began working on it, but did not do much.  Then it sat and sat and sat.  I picked it up again about three months ago and was totally taken with the color pallet.  That got me motivated and once I began stitching as the design was revealed bit my bit, I liked it more and more.  Am most pleased with this and hope someday to get it framed.  The only change I made was the color of the whiskers from brown to white.  All my 'tigers' had white whiskers.

I've been watching the Barn Swallow family.

Here are the parents - taking a small break from feeding their youngsters.

The male is on the left, the female on the right.

She has a lighter colored breast than the male.

Two babies...

Three babies...

Opps - there are four babies!

Chico, Harpo, Groucho and Zeppo maybe? 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on getting Chester finished! He looks awesome. Was the fourth baby a surprise, Beth? No wonder the parents need a break!

Barb said...

Chester is just wonderful! Plus it serves as a memorial to your cats! I bet you are glad you picked that one up again! Fun baby bird photos!