Friday, August 14, 2020

Humble Pie

I ate some humble pie stitching Chester.  The top 6 rows of the carpet on the left side were all off by one stitch which then made the paws off too.  So lots of frogging ensued, but now he's "purrfect" and all I have to do is "fill in the cat".  As you can see I've started with his head.  

Several woodpeckers are among my reliable birds.

Here's a female Hairy Woodpecjker/

Male and female Acorn Woodpeckers.

They were very intent.  

I finally figured out that they were watching an active Cooper's Hawk.

As soon as the hawk left, they did too.

I've had as many as three Flickers at the feeders - two males and a female.

This is a female.

They are all about suet!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Chester is looking good, Beth. Sorry you had to rip out! Enjoy your weekend and Happy World Cross Stitch Day!