Sunday, October 22, 2017

Three Hummers

I know there are at least three birds.  A juvenile male, an adult male, and an adult female.

The juvenile males have just the little bits of iridescent feathers.

If the light is not right, it's hard to tell if it is a male or female.  

Thankfully most of the time I get a glint or two as a clue.

I did have three birds all sitting on this fence at the same time - for a millisecond!

Can you tell it is a rainy day?

As we've not had a hard frost the bird is still getting nectar from plants - can you see the yellow pollen?

I did it!  A photo of a female Anna's!

Good light or bad light the adult male is easy to ID.
His head is dark in poor light... 

...and glows in good light.

5 comments:

LaNelle said...

Beautiful way to start my Sunday...looking & reading your blog with hummers💞 have a wonderful week!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Such magical little birds Beth.

MaryO said...

Stunning! 😀

Robin in Virginia said...

Yay for the hummers! We saw a lone one at the feeder yesterday. I was really surprised since we hadn't seen any in days. Enjoy your day!

RJ said...

I so enjoy the photos of your hummers Beth. RJ