Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday's Musings

October is owls and pumpkins - or so I think.
This Lizzie Kate design has a pumpkin and two owls. 


Did you see the Harvest Full Moon on Thursday? It was as pretty amazingly huge and detailed even to the naked eye.

Clear skies have meant for cool nights.  I wonder when we will have our first frost. Last year it did not happen until December.

The birds, like this American Robin, are out and about on cold, clear mornings. 

My sister's sunflowers continue to attract birds like this Black-capped Chickadee. 

It looks like most of the seeds have been picked out on this head...

...but there must still be something there to eat.

The American Goldfinches swarm the heads - 10 to 20 birds at a time.

Yes you!

The Pine Siskins also appear to be interested.

I am hoping my group of three birds expands a bit more.

You might be tired of my Varied Thrush photos, but I certainly am not tired of hearing and seeing these winter birds.

Last year I maybe saw them a couple of times, and this year I've already seen or heard them over a dozen times.

6 comments:

Mary said...

The LK stitch is adorable, I don't think I ever saw that pattern before.
I saw the Harvest Moon and the cloud formation over it was spooky, I wish I had my camera to take a photo, so impressive. The robins have not headed south yet here, I love seeing their rusty breasts. Great action photo of the chickadee!

Robin in Virginia said...

I look forward to see your LK piece stitched up. Your bird photos are impressive, Beth.

RJ said...

Beth that is such an adorable Lizzie Kate pattern. Can't wait to see it all done. I truly love your bird photos...you are so good at using your camera and bringing everything to life. Thank you. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

I love the photo of the chickadee with the little wings flying!

deb said...

What an amazing photo of the moon! And that chickadee with his wings fluttering is beautiful - wonderful shot! The LK design looks like a perfect October stitch.

Maggee said...

You may have to moderate comments... that is the second time I have seen some that obviously are spammers or the such! I'd be excited about the Varied Thrush for MONTHS! To hold me over thru winter at least! I did see the Harvest Moon... very striking! Hugs!