Friday, October 13, 2017

Finally Friday

I wish I had more progress to share.  I am chugging along on this.

Orange and black  with red eyes.  The Spotted Towhee is a candidate for Iconic October Bird.

More California Quail photos.

They show up around 7:30-8:00am.

They stay close to the edge of the berm and preening and enjoying the morning sun.

And yes!  More Varied Thrush photos.

I am still gobsmacked by all the looks I'm getting of these birds.

It's easy to see that they are closely related to American Robins.

See?

8 comments:

LaNelle said...

Stitching is beautiful...birds are fabulous! Have a fantastic weekend 🌻

Robin in Virginia said...

I think you have made good progress on your Boo piece. What an interesting looking bird, the spotted towhee!

Maggee said...

Wow!! Two Wow birds!! Look at the red eyes on that Spotted Towhee... amazing! And I still love seeing the Varied Thrush, so keep the pictures coming!! Of course, the Quail are adorable, cleaning up for the day! You have made fair progress on the chart... you will probably get it done this weekend! Hugs!

Barb said...

When I look at a chart, I always underestimate the time it will take to do the piece. Yes, the Spotted Towhee is a great bird for Oct. especially with those red eyes!!

RJ said...

You are chugging along beautifully Beth. I really love the colors in this stitch. The spotted towhee is amazing! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

LDR said...

As always, I love your bird photos!

Carol said...

Yikes! That Spotted Towhee could easily star in the next horror flick! Those eyes!!

Sally said...

Lovely stitching. You're making great progress.

Beautiful bird photos.