Monday, October 24, 2016

Cut in Line

Design - "Hoot"
Chart - "Bump in the Night" (#201)
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric- 32 count Lambswool linen
Started - 21 October 2016
Completed - 22 October 2016

This little Prairie Schooler owl cut to the front of the line to become my next owl stitch and finish.  It's from one of the newer Prairie Schooler charts.  I will miss Prairie Schooler's offerings as they've decided to retire. 

Maybe some bird photos will cheer us up a bit. 

Here's a quizzical Song Sparrow.

On Saturday a male Lesser Goldfinch showed up after several week's absence.

Unlike the American Goldfinches, he is still quite yellow.

That makes it pretty easy to ID him. 

On Sunday, a female Lesser Goldfinch came by.  So there is a pair in the area. 

Over the weekend I counted eight Oregon Juncos.  They will be one of my Winter Bird staples.

It was also nice to see a Mourning Dove.  They are Winter Regulars too.

6 comments:

Justine said...

Your owl stitch is lovely but as always overshadowed by the gorgeous real birds! The dove is so pretty.

Vickie said...

Oh I like Mr. Hoot! :D

Barb said...

I do love that little owl. I will miss the PS charts too.

blue star stitcher said...

I've done that owl too, but have yet to finish him as a Halloween ornament. Very nice design, I was sorry to see Prairie Schooler was retiring this year.

Pull the other thread said...

What a sweet Owl chart, well done on the finish.

Carol said...

He is so cute! I always looked forward to the new PS designs each year--luckily, I have quite a stash of old ones to keep me busy for years to come :)