Tuesday, February 23, 2016

WIPping Along...or Not!


I had high hopes of finishing one of my five WIPs left over from 2015 this month.  Doesn't seem like that is going to happen after all.

Early one morning this week, I watched three hummingbirds fighting over the front feeders.

I think there were two males and one female.

The males have been flashing their feathers and acting very territorial.

It's only February, but already Anna's in this area are courting!

Personally I think it still too cold and there's not much yet in bloom.

But they don't listen to me.

The female Anna does seem plump and happy.

I do not see her often, so maybe she is on a nest. 

For five years now, our local newspaper has had an Anna's Hummingbird nesting in a rhododendron in one of their flowerbeds.  They've reported that she is nesting again - you can watch here: hummingbird camera.  (Note the time zone is United States Pacific Coast).

8 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitches x

Justine said...

Oh your poor WIPS! They look funny all together, like they are having a good gossip.

Carol said...

I can't get over the magenta color on the hummers, Beth--nature's beauty at its finest! I'm sure you'll manage to finish at least a couple of these WIPs.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I'm sure that you will finish all yours projects. Photos are always magnificent. Ciao

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely WIPs and stunning hummers!

Barb said...

Thanks so much for sharing the link. The WIPS will just have to wait for March!

Amy said...

Ooh, the cat WIP looks particularly cute!

Your hummingbirds are just gorgeous!

daisy g said...

Aren't they something? Amazed that you could capture photos of them as they are so quick!