Monday, February 8, 2016

Count Your Stitches Count Your Birds

I've started stitching a small Heart in Hand Valentine piece. I might be able to finish it up today.  

As many of you long-time Followers know, I not only count my stitches, but I also count my birds.  This Friday through Monday is the annual Great Backyard Bird Count.  I encourage everyone to click the link and check it out. It is a Citizens' Science project where birders of all skill levels submit their data - basically the birds that they see in a 15 minute (or more) period of time in their yards.  If you are an apartment dweller, you could submit data from a walk in your local park.  I think it is good fun and I enjoy taking part each year.

Here are some of the birds that you might see:   

American Robins


Female House Finch and Oregon Junco 

Male House Finch

Bickering House Finches

Now they are done arguing!

Spotted Towhee

Male California Quail

Female California Quail

California Quail Group




5 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching xx

Margaret said...

Amazing that it's that time again -- to count your birds. Good luck with it. Love seeing them all!

Justine said...

Lovely Valentine stitch! I really like those Towhee birds. I'd never heard of them before I followed your blog.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Adorables birds

Frances said...

That is one plump towhee!!
The male house finch is such a pretty color...and I love the little spat and make up photos! Too fun!
I've always thought quail were so interesting...they're around here pretty often!