Saturday, February 13, 2016

We Are Counting

I managed four different counts on Friday, and just two on Saturday.

The counts are going well and I am pleased that at least once a day so far I've been able to add three Anna's Hummingbirds to the count. 

I have two territorial males that hang out in the backyard. 

I only ever see them together when they are chasing one another.

They do spend lots of time on patrol.

Their gleaming feathers are a sign of dominance. 

I have a feeder in the back that is their favorite. 

My lone female Anna's likes my front feeders.

She is a quieter colored bird.

I think she'd just like to eat in peace.

Who wouldn't?

7 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful!

Barb said...

Wonderful hummingbird photos! Isn't it funny to watch them guard their space?!

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Simply beautiful

cucki said...

Sweet x

Christine said...

They are beautiful

Maggee said...

I did the count on Friday. About a dozen different species here at home. Did it yesterday, after it had snowed, and the bottom fell out of the temps... there was only about six or seven different species. Today, it feels like 4 degrees out there, and have seen only a Pine and a Yellow Rumped Warbler! Fizzling out here... but tomorrow will be different, with snow then rain... it could get busy again! Love seeing the hummers!

Margaret said...

Yay for Anas!