Friday, May 3, 2013

I'm Stuck

Arggh and other pirate curses and noises!
I've been working away on Chessie's "Botanical Garden", but now I'm at a stand-still.  I have the chart, but I've misplaced the other pieces of paper including the one that has a photo of the piece, and the one that has the key (what color each symbol stands for).  I've looked high and low and left and right and I cannot find them.
Arggh!

I've been so taken with my Acorn Woodpeckers, that I've not given the other birds much notice.  So without further adieu... 

I do have Anna's Hummingbirds at my feeders.

I don't normally blog about Starling as I think they are pests, but I was charmed by this one's bath. 

All the splashing about!

It made for one wet bird.

I'd totally forgotten about my spring visitors, the Black-headed Grosbeaks.  But they had not forgotten about me. 

Seasonal residents, they made their first appearance at the feeders on Thursday.

8 comments:

Giovanna said...

Ouch! I hope you find the missing parts soon - such a pretty sampler. Lovely bird pictures: you caught the hummingbird's iridescence so beautifully.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

There's been a decline in the starling population over here. We used to get them in huge flocks and that no longer happens.

Mary said...

I think of starlings as the "flash mob feeders" They appear on you front lawn grazing and then suddenly the flock flies away.....the grandchildren love this . I always copy my charts for this reason..having mislaid a few in my time.....it will turn up...Have a nice weekend.

Margaret said...

I hope you find your missing pieces for your design. How frustrating! Love the bird pics as always!

cucki said...

Oh dear I hope you find the missing part soon..
Big hugs x

Carol said...

Having misplaced such things myself, I know how frustrating that must be, Beth! Sure hope they turn up soon :)

Barb said...

Sorry to hear about your missing supplies! Things like that happen to me and frustrate me no end!! I just love the bird pics. That one was really enjoying his bath!

Wanda said...

I hope you find them soon! I am enjoying your blog so much, as always. You have some amazingly beautiful bird pics. Your sampler header is incredible - it will be fun to read the reveal!