Monday, April 11, 2011

A Bird and Some Dafs


Finished the bird on the left - it is much larger and thicker than the one on the right,  It's interesting that they are not mirror images of each other. 
Oh, I am close - I am so, so, so close - to a finish - a completion.
The next time I post "Alphabet Sampler" it will be done, done, done.
Just seven more rows of the bottom border, the date, and my initials.

I thought I'd share some of the daffodils that are blooming at the moment on our property.

Einstein

Flower Record

King Alfred

Passionale

Roulette

Ice Follies

My favorite is Passionale.  Several years ago we all picked from a bulb catalogue and Passionale was my choice - a creamy outer petals with the palest peach trumpet.  It has naturalized and increased with abandon beneath an Oak tree at the beginning of our driveway.  The shade of the Oak helps it keep good color and not fade in the bright sun.  It is a stellar performer - does not droop or break in heavy rain - very up-right and tidy looking.  

5 comments:

Karen said...

I just love this one.... yours make me want to start it immediately!!! Guess I will just have to enjoy yours for now. Thanks for enabling!!!!

happy stitching...and finishing!

carol fun said...

You are making great progress on this one - the end is definitely in sight! Love the daffodils. They are one of my favorite flowers since they are all shades of yellow, my favortie color. Happy stitching-

Ann at Beadlework. said...

My favourite is Einstein.

Crystal said...

Almost a happy dance, its looking fantastic. Love the pictures of your daffs.

Valerie said...

What beautiful daffodils! Breathtaking!

Here's to a quick finish...look forward to pictures!