Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rosie Life and Market Food


Design - "Rosie Life" (kit)
Designer - Bent Creek
Fabric - 25 count Dublin Flax linen
Started - 3 September 2005
Completed - 5 September 2005

As I'm stitching away on three different items, with no discernible progress to show, I thought I'd dip into my stitching archives.  This Bent Creek polka-dotted chicken was a fun stitch - seems that five years ago I liked chickens and now in 2010 I've "rediscovered" the hen motif!



I know, in post after post, I write obsessively rave about the Farmers' Market Food.
Well, one of my favorites is Hideaway Bakery.  I adore their pain au chocolate, their brownies, and their breakfast burritos.

  

Last Saturday with some careful shopping my sister and I can up with a great local meal.


It began with fresh albacore from Ocean Harvest - I marinated in in Trader Joe's Soyaki sauce and baked it for 20 minutes at 375F.

For sides we had...

fresh corn-on-the-job (boiled) with butter and pepper...

 
and steamed new potatoes with lots of butter.

We decided to visit the Tuesday market for lunch.  Again - all about food!  I ate at Field to Table - had a sterling steak sandwich with roasted tomato, caramelized onions, and mozzarella cheese - OMG!

1 comment:

Lainey said...

Love your cute finish and the bakery food looks yummy!