Friday, July 30, 2010

Chickens and Serendipity


Chickens and roosters continue to flock to my house. 
Recently the mail brought me two older charts, "Cluck and Doodle" by 4 My Boys, and "Folk Art Rooster" my Mosey 'n Me.


On the gardening front, in June as I finished up my plantings, I had three or four "extra" perennials, so I just plopped them all together in a wooden bucket.

Verbena bonariensis

Delphinium elatum "New Heights"

Penstemon "Blue Spring"


Ta-Da - it looks like something I planned!
The colors, the different heights and textures - all work great together.
Sometimes...serendipity wins out!
At least until the deep red lobelia "Compliment" in the bucket begins to bloom...


This morning a brush bunny and a deer met up...the photo is blurry,
but if you look closely you can see the bunny at the edge of the gravel just to the left of the deer. 

No comments: