Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Bee and Market Produce

Design - "Little Gold Bumblebee"
Designer - Knotted Tree
Fabric - 32 count raw linen
Started -  7 September 2005
Completed - 10 September 2005

I am forced once again to return to my cross stitch archives due to lack of progress with my current stitching.  I love this bee, and have stitched a couple of other bugs in this series...two butterflies, a ladybug, and a beetle.

 
Raw food - in its -just-harvested state.  I'm not sure that there is anything that is more beautiful and true to its essence.  These are pictures from last Saturday's Farmers' Market.   
My deep dark secret is that while I admire most of these foods, I don't eat many of them...just tomatoes...as I am truly a finicky eater. 
Believe it or not I tried corn-on-the-cob for the first time last week.  That I do really like!  So what should I try next..maybe beets?  Any suggestions?

Multi-colored mini cauliflowers

Luscious tomatoes

Small heads of cabbage

Peppers

Romanesco Broccoli

Beets

...and Melons.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Very cute bumblebee. I'm not sure what to advise you on the vegetables. If you try anything of them, don't stop at the way you tried them. Usually you can make vegetables several different ways - raw or cooked, plain or with different things with them. I'm not a huge vegetable fan, but I've found a way to eat all of them and really like them. As far as beets - I like mine pickled and that's about it.