Friday, September 3, 2021

September is a Time of Transition

Design - "Happy as a Lark"
Designer - Birds of a Feather
Fabric - 28 count R & R Liberty Gathering Gray
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 15 August 2012
Completed - 17 August 2012

I thought I might not see a Western Tanager this year.

 

Thankfully I was rewarded Monday morning.

I got a couple grief looks at a female Western Tanager.

I might get to see a few others as migration begins this month. 

The California Quail do not migrate.

While the American Goldfinches leave my area in mid-October.

They are among the last birds to breed, and their young have now fledged so I have a good group of birds.

Most are rather dull looking - no longer flaunting their bright yellow breeding colors.

This male is molting - pretty scruffy looking.

And Monday was my last sighting of a Black-headed Grosbeak.  They are on their was south.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

Great photos Beth! Can't believe it's September....

MaryO

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful bird shots, Beth.

LilacAustenFan said...

Great pictures!