Monday, September 13, 2021

Heading South or Not - On the Move Anyway

All the leaves on the border are done and four of the six leaves on the flower.


September is a time of movement - lots of birds are southern bound.
And while some larger birds migrate during the day, many smaller birds migrate at night. Birdcast allows you to input your location worldwide and see what the night migration forecast is for your area.  It's pretty cool. The other night when I woke up after midnight I heard several groups of Canada Geese honking away as they flew in the night sky.

Canada Geese also move about during the day.

I got to watch this group.

They were flying northeast instead of south - hmmm...
Too much ego to ask for directions?

Anyway I got some good looks.

As a grade school kid one of my favorite books was "Black and Blue Magic" about a boy who suddenly magickly was able to fly - the black and blue referred to the bruises he earned while learning! 

I'd like to see the perspective of the ground below.

Off you go guys!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your deer piece is looking good, Beth. Funny they were flying northeast instead of south. Guess their GPS wasn't working properly!

Barb said...

Interesting about the geese. I see them not always going the way I expect them too!