Thursday, September 24, 2020

Squash and Acorns

 

Design - "Butternut Squash"
Chart - "Farmers' Market" #39
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 28 count Pearl linen
Floss - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 12 September 2012
Completed - 17 September 2012

A blast from the past. I do not like to eat summer squash, but I've enjoyed every kind of winter squash that I've ever tried.


The Acorn Woodpeckers have been busy, busy, busy. 

As best I can tell they've now got a 2nd granary tree and are storing peanuts as fast as they can.  I've wondered how many flights back and forth from my feeders to the tree they make in a day.

Here's a photo of one of the females (top) and the male below her.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your squash stitch is cute. The Acorn woodpeckers seem to be very industrious.

LDR said...

What lovely birds and stitching!