Monday, September 28, 2020

Lovely Day

Design - "Wild White Onion"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 40 count Sandstone linen
Fibers - GAST & DMC
Started - 27 August 2010
Completed - 1 September 2010

It's so nice to be able to go outside and breathe clean air and not worry about friends and family having to evacuate and / or loosing their homes. 

The Acorn Woodpeckers have been keeping me entertained.

One of the females.
 
There are two gals. I think she looks like she's wearing a cape or cloak.

Doing the woodpecker-tail-thing.  Using it as a counterbalance. 

Here's the male.

He's the most vocal I think...

...and tolerates my presence more than the females do.

Up high!

And here's a female Hairy Woodpecker.

Something spooked her, and she remained frozen on the post for over 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your onion stitch is sweet, Beth. I am relieved that the air is better for you and everyone in your area. I wonder what spooked her!

Barb said...

I think all of us here in the NW have a new appreciation of fresh air!