Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday's Hummers

You probably thought that this post would just be of Anna's Hummingbirds. 

That's what I thought too.

And there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

The female...

...and male Anna's are wonderful.

Truly!

But on the 18th I was surprised to see this bird.

It's a Rufous! 

And I've seen it every day since Tuesday. 

I'm not sure how much longer it will hang around.

But it is a treat to have it.

The Anna's are fighting with it.

'Cause that's what they do!

Though they hang out together without battles.

Hummers - the Chichuahuas of the bird world! 

6 comments:

Margaret said...

How nice to have a Rufous this late in the season! Love all hummers.

Robin in Virginia said...

I am thrilled that you had a Rufous visitor! Beth, thank you for the chuckle! Your comment about the Hummers being the Chichuahuas in the bird world is spot on. Enjoy your day!

Rhodesia said...

I am sure you are happy to have a Rufous around I am just happy to see any of your hummingbirds. Happy week Diane

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

you are just "humming" along with all those Hummer's aren't you???
just love all your posts and photos--thanks--
enjoy, di

Barb said...

That little Rufous better get going!

RJ said...

Aah sweet little hummers...and you caught them perfectly in your photos Beth. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever