Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Lane County Dahlia Show

Back to my sister's Dahlia Garden we go!

On Friday evening we gathered at the garden while my sister walked her rows looking for 'perfect' dahlias for Saturday's show.

Her garden has exploded since late August - the plants are larger and there are tons of blooms.

Perfect blooms though...that is harder.

My sister gardens organically - no herbicides or pesticides. 

So she gets bug bites on the leaves and blooms.

Vickie - I hope you are enjoying all of these pink dahlias!

Anyway, my sister found over twenty that met her standards and we helped to bring them back up to the house where she 'staged' them. 

On Saturday evening we went to the Lane County Dahlia Show to see how she'd done.

Big blooms.

Lots of blooms!

Even a dahlia quilt.

Hollyhill Spiderwoman

A trio of tiny dahlias.

Irish Blackhart

My sister ended up with two winners on the Head Table.
Romulus
Best Three Blooms Miniature Ball in Show.

Lakeview Glow
Best Three Blooms "BB" in Show.
Next weekend she's off to Roseburg for the final dahlia show of the year.
Can she make the Head Table there?  Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What gorgeous Dahlias! I really like the mini trio that earned your sister a place on the head table. Congratulations to her on both!

Vickie said...

Oh you know I am enjoying it!!!!!๐Ÿ’•Just gorgeous! I CANNOT pick a favorite. Hollyhill Spiderwoman is amazing! And Irish Blackhart.๐Ÿ˜

Purple Pixie Dust said...

What a gorgeous Dahlias garden your sister has. congrats on wining, I love all the flowers and can't pick a favourite. Good luck next weekend. hugs to you both.

Terri Patillo said...

Such lovely flowers!

Barb said...

Congratulations to your sister. Her dahlias are magnificent! Good luck to her at the final show!!

RJ said...

Those dahlias are gorgeous Beth. Congrats to your sister. I'm sure you were all happy to see those pretty ribbons for her hard work. Her garden is beyond beautiful. I've been at the beach all week and am catching up with the blogs. So happy to come back to such beauty. RJ

Mary said...

Congratulations to your sister! The flowers are just gorgeous. The orange one to the right under the big bloom caption is amazing, I never saw petals like that before on a dahlia, so unique. The Irish Blackhart is stunning too and I love the name of it! It's so nice to hear that she grows organically also..

Carol said...

I had no idea there were so, so many types of dahlias, Beth! What a delight it must be to walk through your sister's garden... She did well at this show and I'm sure the next show will have her at the head table, too :)

Meg said...

How beautiful! Thank you for sharing, and congratulations to your sister!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Congrats to your sister!