Thursday, September 27, 2018

Flying the Flag

Design - "Red, White & Blue" (kit)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count natural linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 4 July 2018
Completed - 25 September 2018

I changed some of the colors for the flag. I used Whitewash rather than the gray used for the house roof.  Also some of the red stripes were to be Aztec Red which is the color of the bird.  I chose to do all the red stripes using Lancaster Red. 

What's up in Birdland?

I'm hearing and seeing chickadees.

Lots and lots of Black-capped Chickadees.

 
They pose for me as they talk to one another.

There are also some Chestnut-backed Chickadees, but so far they've been camera shy.

I'm seeing Golden-crowned Sparrows most mornings.

And Fox Sparrows too.

I had one Black-headed Grosbeak who lingered long after the others had left, but I think it is gone now. 

And I had one more Western Tanager sighting.

I think they're the bird I miss most in the winter.

That bright yellow!

Such a pretty bird. Safe journey to you!

I do have groups of Cedar Waxwings most mornings and evenings.

CAn you see the yellow-tipped tail feathers?

More tail feathers.

This gives you an idea of how many birds.

And most days a Cooper's Hawk comes by trying to take out one of my California Quail.  If I'm around I yell and clap my hands to distract the bird.  Eat elsewhere please!


3 comments:

Vickie said...

LOVE Red, White, & Blue!

RJ said...

Red, white and blue is perfect! I love it. And I always enjoy your bird photos. Great job Beth. RJ

Barb said...

Your stitched piece is so pretty. I do like the colors you chose. Love the photo of the chickadee on the thistle!