Friday, September 7, 2018

Birds of a Feather

I've begun stitching the Sparrow in the Prairie Schooler "Prairie Birds" series.

I saw my first skein of geese flying south in late August.
Birds of a feather flocking together.

They know fall is just around the corner.

"Grawk grawk!"  Here's a Raven.

I've also seen a couple of Flycatchers.
This one...

...and this one!

Speaking of flocking together!

The hawthorn berries are ripe and the Cedar Waxwings are here to eat them up.

The group is a mix of young and mature birds.

The top left bird is a youngster, while the other three are adults.

Here's a good comparison. Adult on the left, young scruffy looking bird on the right. 

I love how they hang out together.

Such serious looking birds.

Fluffy two-some on the left, adult the right.

I hope to see them for a few more weeks.

No comments: