Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Framed Finish

Design - "Mourning Dove"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part I"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count Picture This Plus Wren linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 31 May 2016
Completed - 15 August 2015

This is the 2nd piece I got framed this year.

I envision displaying several birds from this series on the same wall space.
If I ever get it figured out, I'll share with you.

And with you two as well! 


I was very surprised to see a Turkey Vulture a couple of days ago.  I'd thought they'd all left the area.  This must be a straggler.

I'm seeing smaller numbers of California Quail.  They've spread out, claiming their territory in smaller groups - I saw four in my sister's Dahlia Garden.

There is also a big shift in finches.  I still have a couple of Lesser Goldfinches (bird on the left.) The big change though is the number of American Goldfinches.  I've gone from over 30 birds to just one or two (the bird on the right.)

Now the feeders are swarming with Pine Siskin.

I have seen more than 30 birds at the feeders with one or two goldfinches mixed in.

I am pleased as they will stay all winter, and I will have busy active feeders to watch and enjoy.

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stitched bird piece looks great in its frame. I really like your piece of Wren fabric. Enjoy your weekend!

RJ said...

What an amazing group of needlework this will be. Love all of the bird photos. Have a wonderful weekend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

This framed finish looks fantastic Beth!

Maggee said...

Another pretty frame job. Your wall will look so pretty with lots of birds! That is a lot of Pine Siskins! Wow!

Mary said...

I hope you get it figured out because it's going to be a beautiful grouping. The California quail are so regal looking. I got to see a bald eagle fly over my car tonight on the way home from the park...always a thrill!!

Barb said...

The framed piece is so pretty. Your idea would make a wonderful display!!

Frances said...

Those mourning doves are so pretty-beautiful colors. I have mourning doves in my yard.
I always love your quail!
Those siskins remind me of a group of bees......

Anna van Schurman said...

Looks good! I look forward to seeing your wall of birds.