Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Framed Finish

Design - "Western Tanager"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part II"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 30 count Picture This Plus Wren linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 9 September 2016
Completed - 17 September 2016


Framed - October 2017

I am using the same frame for all of the birds in this series. This year I was only able to frame two pieces.  I hope to do better next year.

And here are the birds that inspired this stitch.

You have to love the true yellow color.
I call the females Banana Birds.
September 2014


I think like many others species, male Western Tanagers leave earlier than the females to stake out their winter territory.

I look forward to seeing you again next year!

Here are my Fall Yellow Birds.

Golden-crowned Sparrow

American Goldfinch and Pine Siskin.

I read that the male Pine Siskins have brighter yellow stripes on their wings, so I think this bird (on the right) is a female.  

A male Lesser Goldfinch - by far my most yellow bird in October.

He makes an attractive autumnal photograph.  

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous bird finish (and framed)! It is interesting to see many yellow birds in your photos, Beth. Enjoy your Friday!

Vickie said...

Oh that is a lovely finish Beth.

LDR said...

Those Western Tanagers, both stitched and photographed, look so sweet.

Barb said...

Your framed piece looks wonderful. They will look great with the same frames. The yellow birds are just beautiful!!

Mary said...

Great shot of the Siskin and Goldfinch on the sunflower head.
I have got to do this bird collection, love the Tanager and it looks beautiful framed.

Maggee said...

It is so exhilarating to get a piece finally finished! I have quite the pile. But now I am going to focus more on that, since the birding is not quite as urgent (migration took the warblers). Boy you sure do get great birds in your yard! Hugs!

RJ said...

I truly love how you framed the gorgeous stitch. It's beautiful. RJ