Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday's Critters

Are you ready?

Lots of photos this week, but a BIG reward if you stay with it. 

The fawn is growing antlers - see the buttons?

Four Gray Squirrels


Two close together - unusual.

Up high

Down low

Chipmunks eating




Because apparently that's all they do.

Barry the Buck's antlers keep growing - they are starting their first splits.

And here is the BIG surprise.

This black bear is the largest I've ever seen.

This guy is HUGE!

What's he doing you ask?

He's grabbing a bite to eat.

He is gi-normous, fat and healthy.
An experience outdoorsman estimated that he weighs 450-500 lbs.

And yes, he's looking at me.

My Dad is 5' 10" tall. I had him stand at the same place as the bear.
 
The bear is that tall - taller if he holds is head upright.

The top of his back is about 3 feet tall, it is above my Dad's waist.
A big boy.