Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Nesting Updates


Design - "Silly as a Goose"
Designer - Birds of a Feather
Fabric - 32 count R & R Golden Walnut linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 18 April 2015
Completed - 7 May 2015

I unintentionally personalized this design by messing up the colors of the goose.  I am, however, quite taken with my gray goose, so it worked out well in the end. 


Framed - October 2015  

Nesting, nesting, nesting. 

I'm still seeing Anna's grabbing nesting material.


Black-capped Chickadees are doing the same.

I don't think they are using any of my nesting boxes this year.

Chestnut-backed Chickadees are also enamored of the nesting material.

The Violet-green Swallows have moved from house hunting... 

...to gathering nesting material.

They like Band-tailed Pigeon feathers and dried grass.

Work has commenced!

A big load to take back to the nest.

In and out they fly.

And perch from above.

Further work needed to fit this piece of dried grass into the nesting box!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your goose stitch is darling. Good to see that nesting continues to happen!