Thursday, July 28, 2022

A Young Bird

Design - "Flag"
Chart - "Patriotic Times"
Designer - Homespun Elegance
Fabric - 32 count Dirty Belfast linen
Fibers - WDW& GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 28 July 2017
Completed - 5 August 2017

I changed one of the colors from GAST "Harvest Basket"
to GAST "Oatmeal". 

 

I was surprised to see this interaction on Wednesday.

It's an adult male Flicker and a newly fledged young bird.

The male is still actively feeding the youngster.

I'd thought that the Flickers had all fledged by now.

They young bird is less brightly colored than its parent.


Watching and waiting



Papa Bird




And I am also seeing a female Hairy Woodpecker daily.


Happy Woodpecker Day!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Cute young one! Love your flag stitch, Beth! I stitched that one years ago for an ornament exchange.