Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday's Critters

I did not get a photo of the baby gopher snake, but did get some interesting takes this week. 

The honey bees are clinging to the side of this fountain and getting drinks.

There are as many as 10-12 at a time.
Everyone gets thirsty.

One of the California Ground Squirrels has been hanging around the back patio.

They are certainly different looking than the gray squirrels.

This bird house / nesting box is on a plant stand on the back patio under the eves beneath the kitchen window.

Can you guess who created this nest inside?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Did you guess a Chipmunk?

I watched one duck inside late one evening. 

Looks like he's made a cozy warm winter home of mosses with a few sunflower seeds for late night snacking.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nope, I didn't guess chipmunk! Will you let him take up residence or shoo him out? I don't think I have seen a gopher snake baby or otherwise. But then, I am not a fan of snakes.

Barb said...

I did not guess a chipmunk. I thought maybe a mouse.

Rhodesia said...

Happy chipmunk LOL. Great photos. Have a good week, Diane