Monday, October 19, 2020

A Rare Visitor

Design - "Owl"
Chart - "Autumn Leaves & Sunflower Seeds"
Designer - Blue Ribbon Designs
Fabric - 28 count mystery cream linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 23 November 2013
Completed - 25 November 2013


No the best photos, it was early in the morning - a dull gray overcast morning.

But still, I ALWAYS celebrate when a Pileated Woodpecker stops by!

I think this is a female as the red on the head stops well before the beak. 

The bird called as it flew in, otherwise I'd not have seen it.

It stopped in for just a couple of minutes.

Luckily I had my camera and was prepared.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

Great shot! When I lived in Connecticut as a child you could always hear woodpeckers. Here in coastal SoCal, not so much. 😊

Robin in Virginia said...

Your owl stitch is adorable, Beth. Glad you had an unexpected visitor!

Barb said...

They are amazing birds and I love to see them.