Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sunday's Critters

I have a great group of photos to share today.

Let's start with a beaver dam review. 
Note the fallen Ash tree is now missing a large section in the middle - 6' to 8' is my guess.  It's been 'sawed off' and utilized in the construction works. 

Further proof includes the fresh wood chips floating in the pool. 

I don't think that I've seen a Brush Rabbit since early December.

I was delighted to see one this past week.

This photo is worth enlarging to see bunny lips and teeth!

It's a good sized rabbit.

Had a second sighting later in the week.

Could well be the same bunny.

But this might well be one of the two reasons I've not seen rabbits lately.
On Tuesday at 4:30pm Parvati wanted outside, so I went over to open the kitchen door, but first looked out and saw a bobcat! 

No, I saw TWO bobcats!

This are blurry photos through the kitchen door, but I thought if I opened the door, I'd startle them.

Nice profile, just wish the head had turned the other direction.

Here they are again - I thought that one was slightly smaller than the other - mother and cub...a mated pair?

And off they went.  I saw them again on Thursday at 10:00am, but did not have a camera handy.


1 comment:

MaryO said...

Wow! And the bunnyputs me in mind of Durer's hare painting. Great pics Beth!