Thursday, February 6, 2020

Hearts and Birds

Design - "Three Hearts"
Designer - A Needle & Fred
Fabric - 28 count Lavender Sunset Jobelan
Fibers - DMC & WDS - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 28 February 2012
Completed 2 April 2012

Well it looks like 'Six Hearts' to me, not 'Three Hearts', but then I did not design and/or name the piece; I just stitched it.  I very much enjoyed working on this.  I haven't done much with beads before.  This used three different Mill Hill colors.  The bead size was such that I could continue to use the same size needle with or without beads, and that sped-up stitching.  I do like the unusual colors - blues, greens, and lavenders - not 'normal' Valentine colors. 


A bit of excitement Monday morning.  As I drove toward this Big Leaf Maple just before 7am, I noticed someone perched atop the tree.  It was a Great-horned Owl!  Drove by slowly and the bird remained perched.  Oh, how I wish I'd had a camera!

Anna's Hummingbird guarding feeders.

Chestnut-backed Chickadee.

Again

Lesser Goldfinches

A patriotic Oregon Junco.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet heart stitch! While I am familiar with A Needle and Fred designer, I hadn't seen that heart stitch before. Good for you on the great horned owl sighting!

Barb said...

Too bad you didn't have your camera. We hear owls but never see them.