Friday, February 21, 2020

Chocolate Heart / Special Bird

Design - "Chocolate Heart"
Chart - "Chocolate Stick Valentines"
Designer - Fanci That
Fabric - 28 count Milk Chocolate linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 15 February 2014
Completed - 15 February 2014

Thursday morning I heard a couple of birds 'talking' that I did not recognize.  

When I finally found them, I discovered it was two White-breasted Nuthatches.

They do not often appear up near the house.

These two were preening in the morning sunshine.

Stretching feathers.

Profile

Watching the world below.

I was happy to get a couple of nice photos before they flew off.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your chocolate heart stitch, Beth! What a nice surprise you had with the pair of white-breasted nuthatches!

Barb said...

Your chocolate heart is very pretty. I don't think I have ever seen that bird. The NW has had some great weather while I was in Ohio visiting family!