Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Thankful for Lovely Birds

Design - "A Year in Chalk" - "November"
Designer - Hands on Design
Fabric - 30 count WDW Gunmetal linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 9 November 2016
Completed - 10 November 2017

Two years later, I'm still taken with the Gunmetal fabric.

On Monday afternoon while I was sitting outside, I happened to catch a flash of red. 

With the aid of binoculars and my camera, I could see a Red-breasted Sapsucker pecking away on a small tree.  If you look to the right of his head, you can see a small row of three new holes he created.

With the blackberries in the foreground, it was hard to focus on the bird.

I did sorta' manage here.

This ended up being my best shot.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your Hands On Design Thankful stitch! What good shots of the Red-breasted Sapsucker!