Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Stash Acquisition

I've not manage much cross stitching this year - not because I do not want to, but because...I'm not sure.  No dedicated time of the day - no motivation? Questions yet to be answered.  It hasn't stopped me from purchasing new patterns - maybe one of these will provide some inspiration.

I have oodles of quail in the backyard.

They are active in the morning - eating...

...and grooming.

The Acorn Woodpeckers were grooming too - I was too slow to get a photo of two birds in the bird bath, so this one of a male will have to do.

After the bath it was time to preen.

I am thrilled after a quiet summer, to have lots of activity at my front feeders.
Black-capped Chickadees, Chestnut-backed Chickadees, and a couple of Red-breasted Nuthatches. 

They are fairly common feeder birds - but quite erratic for me.

I'm glad they've become semi-regular for the past couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I like your new charts Beth. Especially the big 'ol reindeer front and center. He just makes me smile. :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely charts you picked up, Beth! All the birds are looking good and glad you are having frequent visitors at your front feeders.

moreofhim said...

I just love all your bird pictures!! We normally have quail here but I haven't seen a one this year which breaks my heart as they are a favorite of mine. I keep adding to my stash, too! I think it's part of being a stitcher - at least that's what I keep telling myself! lol

Blessings - Julie

Barb said...

It looks like you have some great stash! I stitch every night from about 8 to 10. That works for me. You have some really wonderful bird photos in this post!

Unknown said...

I haven't done much stitching the last two or three years but like you I haven't stopped buying charts. I guess I'm just a collector!