Monday, September 30, 2019

A Radish and Lots of Goldfinches

Design - "Radical Radish"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 40 count Sandstone linen
Fibers - Anchor & GAST - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 1 September  2012
Completed - 3 September 2012

I am awash in American Goldfinches.

They are everywhere!

In the tops of tees.

In the bushes.

Swarming the feeders.

Milling about on the ground.

Posing on sunflowers.

As you can see they no longer have their bright yellow courting colors. Instead they are a dull taupe.

Then woosh! They all take off in flight!

I think there are well over 100 birds.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, I am catching up so will just leave one comment for all the previous posts. Your PS Autumn stitch is fabulous. A friend of mine stitched it for me and is one of my favorites. Your bird and critter photos are always a delight to see. Thanks for sharing!

Meg said...

Beth, that's a very pretty stitch. I love the colors and the specialty stitches.