Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday the 13th

Design - Ear of Corn 
Chart - "Farmer's Market" #39
Designer - Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 28 count Natural Pearl Zweigart linen
Fibers - DMC
Started - 11 August 2010
Completed - 14 August 2010

I hope today is not an unlucky day for my quail and songbirds. 

This guy swoops in like a fighter jet daily.  I try to run him off, but I expect he returns when I go to work. 

I counted three Scrub Jays the other morning.

They are loud, but handsome intelligent birds.

There are probably a dozen Song Sparrows out and about.

On the Hairy Woodpecker front, I've seen both female and male - this is a male.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely ear of corn, Beth! Mr. Hawk is handsome, but I hope he leaves his fellow birds alone. Have a fabulous Friday!

Meg said...

Gorgeous birds! Your hawk is so regal looking, and scary.....

Barb said...

Mr. Hawk even looks like a villein!