Thursday, June 13, 2019

The Flycatchers Have Returned


Design - "Noah's Ark"
Designer - Designs by Charlotte
Fabric - 32 count unknown
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 12 April 2012
Completed - 24 April 2012

I saw a couple of different Flycatchers briefly earlier in the week.  The birds were in constant movement and did not 'call', so I'm not sure what I saw.

That said, on Tuesday this Willow Flycatcher came by.

The bird posed for me.

Returning to this tree top to... 

...call "Fitz-pew!  Fitz-pew" repeatedly. 

Which helped me nail it as a Willow Flycatcher.

It then came in even closer.

Be still my heart!

But this was topped by Wednesday morning's activity. 

The bird hung out for over two hours.

And it flew in right to the edge of the back patio.

What will happen Thursday morning? Will it return?

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty little bird! I hope it returns. Like your Noah stitch, Beth!

Rhodesia said...

Great photos. Have a good day Diane

Barb said...

That's what I call a bird posing for a photographer!