Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Garden Walk

For a blog titled Garden Grumbles, I haven't featured my gardening efforts much in the last year or so. That changes today!  I was late getting started this spring, and have just finished up.  I'll start by showing off the front porch.

The side of the porch that gets morning sun features hostas...

and fuchsias.

The other side gets some afternoon /evening sun and so has some salvias.

It is still shaded enough to have more hostas...

...and yet more hostas supplemented with ferns.

Two big clay pots with red,white and blue anchor the porch steps. 

The back patio has a shaded nook.

The rest of the south-facing back patio is a hummingbird haven - lots of salvias and agastaches.

Orange-themed plants.

A mix of herbs and ornamentals.

Top row of plants should all be hummingbird magnets when them bloom.

See all the soil / mulch on the ground?  The pesky chipmunks 'play' in this plant stand and dig and toss soil everywhere.  Grrrrr! 

Agaves, sedums, lewisias and the like. 

Funky tender succulents that I successfully over-wintered in the green house.  Go me!
Next time I'll feature some of the plants in bloom in the flowerbed that circle the house. 

4 comments:

LaNelle said...

Beth, just amazing gardens...love all your different color planters in color groups just fantastic would love to see again when blooming more Happy Wednesday!

Robin in Virginia said...

I enjoyed your walk among your pots this morning, Beth! Your Hostas are gorgeous. I wonder if I would have more success with them in pots versus in the ground.

Rhodesia said...

Snap, I have just done a garden walk as well 😉 Enjoy the rest of the week. Diane

Barb said...

So many wonderful plants. I love all your colored pots!