Thursday, October 18, 2018

Smiling Faces

I thought it would be nice to show off a seasonal stitch - and since I still have nothing going on, here's an oldie from 1998.

"Yikes"
Designer - Bent Creek
Chart - Yikes
Fabric - 11" x 9" Champagne linen
Started - 2 December 1998
Completed - 10 December 1998

I like all the smiling faces - nothing frightening there!

On my Wednesday walk, I had a bird or two pop in.

The walk began with the discovery of several very large gray feathers by the Quarry Pond.  I imagine they belong to a raptor of some sort.




No surprise to have a Song Sparrow show up.

But here - do you see the bird in the brush?

Here he is!  A Ruby-crowned Kinglet!
They are a winter bird for me, though not usually a feeder bird.
In severe weather they will sometimes come for suet.

Then a large bird caught my eye as it flew in.
I was thinking hawk, but nope, a male Pileated Woodpecker.

As he never made a sound, I was glad I'd picked up on the movement.

And I'll finish with two more Winter Regulars.
A Golden-crowned Sparrow.

A Fox Sparrow.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fun pumpkin stitch!

Barb said...

What a cute group of Jack-o-lanterns!! That is an impressive collection of sparrows!