Monday, October 15, 2018

A New Stitch A New Yard Bird

Photo from L*K website
While attempting to figure out what I might stitch next, I stumbled across a new Lizzie Kate feebie!  It offers two lower border options acorns or flowers. You can find it here.
L*K also has released a new exclusive Christmas design. You can read about it here.

So Saturday was an especially awesome day.  After suffering through an overtime loss to Stanford two weeks ago, I got to watch the Oregon Ducks beat the University of Washington Huskies in overtime.  When I got home around 5pm, I decided to decompress and watch birds for a bit.

A flash of bright yellow in the trees caught my eye.
Can you see it?

I looked through my binoculars and low and behold it was a Townsend's Warbler.  All last winter I longed to see one and never did.

It has a bright black and yellow head. I'm hoping it is not just passing through, but will spend the fall and winter in my neighborhood.

I normally do not post critter photos during the week, but I thought this photo of Heckle and Jeckle which I've titled Brotherly Love was just too cute and needed to be published to put a smile on your face as the work week begins.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I really like the fabric you chose for the LK freebie Beth. It looks great!
Yes, Brotherly Love is a wonderful photo. :)

Robin in Virginia said...

I am catching up on my blog reading, Beth so will say I enjoyed all the photos you shared in this and the previous posts. I love the picture of Heckle and Jeckle.

Joyce said...

Heckle and Jeckle adorable. Post these pictures anytime to make us smile we all need it.

Barb said...

That is such a cute little Fall design. How special to get a view of that beautiful bird.

Lea said...

Love the deer! Pretty needlework pattern - just right for Fall. Always fun to spot a new bird! Have a wonderful day!

Latane Barton said...

I love the crossstitch.

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful sightings!

Adam Jones said...

A nice looking Warbler.

Rohrerbot said...

That's a great yard bird!!! Congrats!!!