Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday's Hummers

The last of my Rufous hummers moved south about the first of the month.

It looks like I have four Anna's who are going to spend the winter with me.   

One of them is this adult male.

He rules the roost and is spending a fair amount of time in combat with a younger male.

He's my handsome boy.

With the light IDing this bird is hard.

Young male / adult female?

There are a couple of females...

They have signed an entente cordiale and can drink from the same feeder.

I'm always pleased when I spy multiple birds at the same feeder.

Thanks for sharing!

One last shot of my handsome boy!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful birds to spend the winter with!

Barb said...

It is great to have those little gems all year. I just returned from your neck of the woods, Hood River. The fruit loop was beautiful and so full of wonderful apples!

Carol said...

How nice to have these tiny beauties there with you all winter, Beth! That last shot is just amazing in the way it shows the intensity of the fuchsia color of his neck!