Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday's Framed Finish

Design - "Western Scrub Jay"
Chart - "The Bird Collection" Part 3
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count Wren Picture This Plus linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 14 September 2017
Completed - 4 October 2017

The 'official' name of this bird changed from the time Beth Twist published her design to the time I stitched it. I charted out the 'new' name California Scrub Jay and that's what I stitched.

Framed - September 2018
I ended up farming four in this series. Now I have to figure out how to display them.  

This guy says he's worthy of display!

And I have to agree!

I'm seeing lots of Song Sparrows.

And the Goldfinches are still present in large numbers.
There's some kind of discussion going on here!

Most days I get to see a small flock of Cedar Waxwings.

Anywhere from a couple of birds to 12-18.

The mask and the yellow-tipped tail feathers. Awesome!!  

Here is a group of three...

Four...

Seven!
You get the idea!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Such a pretty framed jay, Beth, and interesting about the name change, too. I wonder how something like that takes place? Is there an official "bird naming committee" or something?

Vickie said...

What a wonderful finish Beth.