Tuesday, September 25, 2018

You've Probably Forgotten...

You've probably forgotten that "Liberty 1776" was part of my stitching rotation as I've not worked on it in weeks.  I spend one day stitching away and got the date done and the borders of the remaining pennies, and the second vine started.

On Monday I devoted the bird photos to the Pileated Woodpecker. The other woodpeckers demanded equal time, so here they are. 

I've been so pleased to have a couple of Downy Woodpeckers including this male hanging about. You can get an idea of his size in comparison to the Towhee.

Here's a female.

And here are both birds sharing a mullein plant.

The female is a little sweetie.

Look at the male's tail feathers!

Here he's holding his own against a Song Sparrow.

Here's a female Hairy Woodpecker.

She does a nice job as a bird model.

Ad she doesn't have a 'bad' side.

The Acorn Woodpeckers are around...male...

...and female.

This is the female...

...and here are two males - so I have at least three birds.

Last but not least, an obligatory Flicker photo!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, your Liberty stitch is looking good. Always enjoy seeing your woodpeckers and of course, the flicka bringing up the rear.

RJ said...

I love your Liberty stitch Beth. It is coming along nicely. Come see my rotation that I'm working on. I have a beautiful bird stitch going. Love the woodpeckers too. Great photos as always. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

Glad to see you progressing on that Liberty piece, Beth--I really love it!