Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday's Critters


My snake came back.

If you can suffer through three photos...

...we'll get on to cuter critters.

The chipmunks have learned to climb the shepherd's hook and eat out of this platform birdfeeder.

Yes, the bunny can crawl under the deer fence, but I thought this photo was adorable.

Big nose bunny.

Little bunny.

No ears!

Fooled you!  They're just flat back on his head.

Deer and bunny.

Sleepy fawn.

Really, really sleepy!

Both of them.

I learned something new after observing the two fawns, I noticed bumps on their hands.  They are both young males - called Button Bucks - the pre-antlers appear at age 4-5 months.

5 comments:

Rhodesia said...

Lucky you, I like snakes. Enjoy your weekend Diane

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Button Bucks are cute. I love the shot of the bunny on his hind legs getting at the items inside the fence. Enjoy your day, Beth!

Terri Patillo said...

Snakes in photos don't bother me. In real life... I become the fastest runner on earth. :) Great photos and love those fawns!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I didn't know that about male fawns! Just saw some out at our daughter's today and wish I'd read this first. I'll look next time. Cheeky little chipmunk enjoying the banquet! I don't mind snakes in pictures or in real life really. In Florida we have black snakes that are totally harmless and it is actually kind of amusing to watch some of the ladies in our resort freaking out just when they catch a tiny glimpse of one even yards awaay.

LaNelle said...

Bunnies and button bucks are adorable ♥️ Haven’t seen any b.bucks this season cute fawn doe😘